5 Tips on Book Printing457398
Printing a book of your personal can be a dream come true. With advancements in technology, this dream can now be effortlessly realized. There are many commercial printers providing different printing services in the market. You can learn about your book printing options from these printers and can produce a book according to your specifications.
Tips on Book Printing
Book printing does not only mean placing ink on paper. Printing entails a number of elements that influence the general appearance of the book. Consequently, you should approach all the locations of book printing cautiously. Here are a couple of tips you should think about while preparing to print your book:
1. Size of the book: It is essential to first decide on the size of your book. Various sizes are available for different purposes. For example, there are handbooks, manuals and mass markets. Choose the size that will enhance the look and overall appeal of your book.
2. Technique of printing: There are primarily 3 types of book printing: web press, lithography printing and digital printing.
Web Press printing is for a large printing run and in the range of ten,000 or a higher generally.
Lithography printing (offset printing - or sheet fed) is generally used with book runs in the range of 500 to 10,000 runs. Digital book printing is used for book runs in the range 1 to 500 books. Even though the unit price is higher than lithograph printing, the general cost is much less when a smaller sized quantity run is used in "Testing-The-Market."
3. Print on Demand: Print on Demand (POD) means that much more copies of the book can be printed only when they are ordered by customers. This saves time, money and paper.
4. Formatting: Formatting is an essential factor, which makes your book attractive and efficient. Strange spaces, inappropriate fonts and incorrect margins can give your book a clumsy look. Make sure that your printer offers correct formatting to your book.
5. Binding: There are many types of book bindings, such as pamphlet binding, saddle stitched binding, side wire binding, spiral/coil binding, comb binding, ideal binding, lay-flat ideal binding, case/hard bound adhesive, case/hard bound smyth sewn, children's case/hard bound, children's board books and children's pop-up books. You can ask the printer for a specific type of binding, according to your preference.