Tips to Choose a Confinement Lady3981390
Each woman is worn out after providing birth to her newborn baby. The nine months of pregnancy are tiring especially for a new mother, and she must have sufficient rest following her delivery. Taking care of a newborn demands a lot of patience, experience and constant work. It is really difficulty to cope up with all this pressure particularly during the post natal period and this could lead to postnatal depression. This is why every mother should have someone to take care of her and in the absence of a suitable family member, avail confinement nanny services so that she can correctly take care of the baby and herself.
The following tips will help you in the process.
- Hiring a confinement nanny should be done before the first trimester is over. This is because many individuals avail this facility and bookings require to be made in advance. If you don't start early, you will not be able to get a great confinement lady. Also you require a lot of rest in the ending weeks of pregnancy, so you can't afford to go through such a rigorous procedure at a later stage and you do not want to have to settle for just anybody.
- Get in touch with your relatives and friends. There will be at least some mothers who have availed the services of a confinement nanny. You can ask them to recommend someone to you who is nicely aware of confinement duties and practices and benefited significantly from it
- Experience is important in this field simply because she can be a fantastic help to you. Not only will she be able to take care of the baby and you, but will manage other household duties side by side. She can also give you very helpful tips on how to handle time in between your husband and the new member of the family so that no one gets neglected.
- When you have chosen a confinement nanny, thoroughly short her about her duties and let her know your anticipated date so that she can arrive at your house before the baby does. Observe how she responds to your questions, is she patient and detailed in explaining? Does she brushes off what you ask? A great nanny
- Most importantly, see if you feel comfortable with her. A lot of things can be said and promised to seal the job but you wouldn't know until your confinement starts. There are cases where confinement ladies are confirmed for a job over the phone from a recommendation from a friend only to realize later that it wasn't so 'good' a recommendation. Everyone's expectations are different so it is advisable to meet her in person and gauge the affinity. And always trust your gut instinct, it goes a long way.