Yearbook Editors Dilemma - Selecting the Correct Yearbook Software8632853
There are two primary decisions that go into creating the perfect yearbook. The first is the software used to design the book. The second decision is ensuring that the printing of the yearbook goes effortlessly and smoothly, primarily driven by the yearbook company you work with. With these two choices below control, your school can count on having an amazing yearbook.
There are many various software options for making the ideal yearbook. Every year, students make their yearbook the most important book for that graduating class. Many individuals maintain their yearbooks for as lengthy as they live and look back on them frequently. This puts a lot of pressure on the design and layout of the yearbook. There are companies that offer yearbook software for schools, but choosing the correct one can be a daunting decision.
Types of yearbook software: For schools who want to create the yearbook layout for themselves, there are many different kinds of yearbook pc applications to assist. Selecting the right yearbook software is essential for a number of reasons. First of all, the cost of the software is a large component of the yearbook spending budget. Secondly, the type of software that is chosen is important simply because every software plan has different strengths and weaknesses.
- Many computer systems are currently loaded with the suite of Microsoft workplace tools (e.g., Word, Powerpoint). Purchasing a new license usually in the range of $250-300 (much less for academic licenses).
Operating with your yearbook printer
There are a number of yearbook companies that do a great job assisting schools with their yearbooks every year. Jostens, Entourage Yearbooks, Lifetouch, and Taylor Yearbooks are a few of the most popular. There are 4 areas in specific you can ask your yearbook printer for help with in regards to your yearbook software.
1. Templates & clip art - Get your hands on the library of templates and clip-art used. Most companies have a CD that they can distribute to help you get the basics right first. Entourage Yearbook offers a great complete "starter-kit" with templates & clip art.
2. Electronic & printed proofs - Make certain to ask for each a printed and electronic proof (usually PDF) from your printer to make sure the book looks the way it does on your computer.
3. Discounted software - Many yearbook companies can provide software at reduce that list costs, ask about discounts and offers.
4. Technical support - Your yearbook company can provide technical support beyond what the software company can generally provide on page specification and colour palettes. Make certain you know who to get in touch with for which concerns.